Sunday, December 26, 2010

Small Town Sunday #12 - Christmas 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and remembered the reason for the season. I am saddened when I think of how many people celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ without recognizing it in any way; some don't even know that is the reason we even have Christmas... We give presents because the Wise Men gave presents to the baby Jesus, not because Santa exists.

Speaking of presents, I was a really good girl this year and received some great presents. I like my gifts much better than Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. Well, enough gold would have allowed me to get these gifts, but...

My Christmas Haul

I asked for a professional quality tri-pod, the lens (55-300), the Roku and the food processor. Everything else was bonus. Even the lens was really a bonus that I wasn't sure I would get. Yes, I got a Dewalt drill! I love it! My dad always gets me cans of de-icer. It's a tradition. I have LOTS stored in a tub from previous Christmases and really need to give some away. The Roku isn't living up to my expectations, but I'm hoping that eventually it will work better as technology advances and hopefully my internet speed increases (I have the fastest available for my neck of the woods, but it is only 1.0 Mb). 

I will be going to the "big town" to after-Christmas shop tomorrow. It is a day later than usual, but with the 26th being a Sunday this year, I was at church instead of shopping. I am hoping to get a few deals and buy some much needed clothes. I hated to buy anything prior to Christmas in case I got something for Christmas, but now it is time to fill the holes in my (much smaller sized) wardrobe.

Cullen will miss the tree. He LOVES to sleep under it!

I hate to think of having to take down all the Christmas decorations. Not because I am sad to see them go, but because I'm too lazy to want to take everything down, box it up and put it in storage. It's my least favorite part of the Holiday season. We are supposed to have one day this week that the temps will get around 60 degrees, so I guess I will take down the outside lights then.

Here's hoping that you are able to enjoy what remains of the holiday season!

No comments: